Looking for a unique role supporting volunteers who work with the police? No two days will be the same!
We are looking for 2 STRIVE Volunteer Coordinators to manage the delivery of our STRIVE projects. One position is available in Bury and one is in Rochdale.
STRIVE is an Award-Winning Greater Manchester initiative led by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner. It operates across the boroughs by various organisations and is a multi-agency response to improve the support given to families who have been visited by the police due to a low level domestic incident where no crime has been logged.
The management of this project and its volunteers requires a significant passion for supporting families and preventing domestic abuse, alongside inspiring and training volunteers to a specific standard in order to work alongside police intelligence.
Key Role Details:
- Part-time: 25 hours per week
- £21,000 pro rata (based on full-time equivalent)
- Location: Rochdale or Bury, with additional travel across Greater Manchester as and when needed
- Contracted until December 2021, with the possibility of extension
- Coordinating recruitment of volunteers
- Training volunteers
- Supervising the volunteers as they offer home visits to standard risk victims of domestic incidents
- Working in partnership with PCSOs
- Provide ongoing advice and guidance to volunteers including 1-2-1 and group supervisions
- Assess the level of risk and need within the home and either refer on to Domestic Abuse specialist services or as appropriate, allocate referrals to the volunteers and brief them on background information and action required
- Support effective qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation of the service by collecting and recording information and data
Application Deadline: Friday 4th January 2019
Interview Date: Friday 11th January 2019