Looking for a unique volunteering role, working alongside police intelligence? No two days will be the same!
We are now recruiting for volunteers for our successful STRIVE project.
STRIVE is an Award-Winning Greater Manchester initiative led by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner. It operates across the boroughs by various organisations and is a multi-agency response to improve the support given to families who have been visited by the police due to a low level domestic incident where no crime has been logged. .
A volunteer Telephonist will contact the homes of families who have previously been visited by the police, due to a low-level domestic incident. We consider this role to be all about empowering people. Main duties include:
- A phone call to the home with the intention of understanding the source of conflict
- Arranging an appointment for Domestic Incident Volunteers to visit the client/s
- Supporting families and sign posting them to relevant support services and agencies via the telephone
- To report back to the STRIVE Volunteer Coordinator after the telephone call.
Within this role you will gain ‘hands on’ experience from the beginning and be supported with a specifically designed and robust volunteer structure, high quality training and the opportunity to progress, work closely with and be mentored by our STRIVE Team.
Why volunteer on the STRIVE project?
- An interesting & diverse volunteering position where no two shifts are the same
- Treated with respect as a “professional volunteer”
- Expenses are reimbursed (capped)
- One to one supervision
- Group supervision
This role may suit those who have an interest in: Administration, Police, domestic abuse prevention, social work, criminology, psychology, forensics, anthropology, sociology, human behaviour, counselling or even those wanting to return to the workplace.
Former volunteers have gone on to have a range of careers including but not limited to; the police, clerical, domestic abuse and teaching.
- 21+ years old
- A commitment to wanting to help people
- Attendance of training. Once training is complete, you need to commit 2.5 hours a week volunteering
We have an incredibly diverse and vibrant team and welcome people from all walks of life with varying experience to apply. However please note that we do require a DBS check (paid by us). Each application is considered on an individual basis.
For more information, email Sharon, the STRIVE Project Development Manager, on the address above.