We are currently recruiting for an experienced Counsellor to conduct initial consultations with people who want counselling. Could this be you?
Since 2016, we have been successfully providing a free counselling service to Stockport Homes Customers. All clients referred are assessed by an experienced counsellor and we are looking for someone to deliver these assessments both in person and over the phone.
The role will involve assessing risk, supporting clients to identify their goals for counselling and establish if counselling is the right intervention or if the client needs to be referred to another appropriate service.
This role would suit an experienced counsellor who has at least 12 months post-qualification experience. Due to the nature of this project, we are looking for a professional with excellent knowledge of mental health and domestic violence. The chosen candidate will need to be able to think critically, flexibly and decisively and have an ability to recognise client's individual needs.
Key Role Information:
- Minimum 5 hours per week, sessional. (As and when required.)
- £25,878 (pro rata)
- Located in Stockport
- Contracted until 31st March 2021
- Working patterns to be agreed with the successful candidate
Additional benefits of the role:
- Working for an award-winning organisation with significant experience in counselling
- Individual Clinical Supervision every month (paid to attend)
- Access to 12 clinical seminars per month (paid to attend 10)
- Annual Continuous Professional Development allowance
If you are interested in this role, please see the full Job Description attached below.
Please note: We are also currently recruiting for another part-time role (15 hours per week) which requires a very similar skill set. You can read more about that role here. Whilst we are accepting applications for each job post separately, if you are interested in both positions, we are open to appointing one candidate to cover both roles.
Application Deadline: Monday 1st July, 5pm
Interviews: Week commencing 8th July 2019