Looking for an interesting volunteer role?
Do you want a role which is easy, accessible and a little bit different?
Our STRIVE Team could use your support as a Volunteer Researcher.
Our STRIVE service is a Greater Manchester initiative designed to reduce police call outs and support families where there may be domestic disruption. STRIVE volunteers offer virtual support to these families, providing early intervention and signposting them to relevant services within the community that may be able to help.
Due to Covid-19, we have adapted the way we work to enable volunteers to deliver a first-class service to clients of domestic incidents and as such we're looking for new research volunteers to support with this.
As a STRIVE Research Volunteer you will be assigned a borough of Greater Manchester and will conduct research on local community groups and services from that area to go in the new edition of our sign-posting book.
Our sign-posting book is integral to our service and is used by STRIVE volunteers to connect the people they visit to local services, groups and organisations that may be able to help them. This can include things such as; counselling charities, social networking groups, debt-support agencies and many more! Anything we can direct people to which may help them goes in the sign-posting book and it's essential that we keep this up to date.
What will this include?
- Commitment of 1-2 days volunteering from home every 3 months (how you split the time is up to you!)
- Using your own laptop or computer to research groups and agencies to go in the handbook
- Typing up the details of the agencies in a standard format to send to your borough's Volunteer Coordinator
- You will be given an induction to the project and the assigned borough, supported by a Volunteer Coordinated and advised on the best format to present the research
Why would I want to volunteer?
- You have the time to spare
- You would like a volunteer role that is casual and flexible
- You would like to gain experience in this field for work or studies
- You would like to make a difference
This role may suit those who have an interest in: police work, domestic abuse prevention, research, administration, social work, criminology, psychology, counselling or those wanting some experience before returning to the workplace.
We have an incredibly diverse and vibrant team and welcome people from all walks of life with varying experience to apply. Each application is considered on an individual basis.
For more information, email Sharon, the STRIVE Project Development Manager, on the address above.