We want to support young people affected by domestic abuse, to help them become aware of their own behaviours and form positive relationships with others.
This programme supports young people who are displaying unhealthy behaviours in their relationships with others and themselves.
How we help:
We have over 10 years experience delivering programmes, projects and services that aim to reduce domestic abuse.
This means that we've seen first hand that domestic abuse can impact young people in a variety of ways. One way in which this can affect young people is that from experiencing or witnessing domestic abuse, they may start to struggle with their behaviours in their own relationships and with their sense of self. If as a result of their experiences they are engaging in harmful behaviour towards themselves, friends, siblings, partners or people they are dating, they need careful and considered support to address this.
This is where we come in. This programme aims to provide them with support from a professional who can help them to develop healthy relationships. Our team are caring, non-judgemental and will work with them to become aware of their behaviours, understand them and learn how to form positive relationships with others.
Please note: Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the programme is currently running online.
Young people who access this service will:
- Have a safe and confidential space to talk openly about what they’re going through
- Not be judged, but be supported with their experiences and concerns
- Identify harmful or unhealthy relationship behaviours and question these
- Explore and discuss healthy relationships and behaviour
- Be supported to develop safe and positive relationships in their lives
We aim for young people who work with us to have:
- Improved insight into their own behaviour
- Improved relationships
- Increased emotional wellbeing
- Improved ability to cope with feelings of anxiety, anger or depression
We would welcome supporting young people who are:
- Displaying unhealthy behaviours in their relationships
- Aged 14-19 years old: If you would like to refer someone aged 11-13 or aged 19-21, please contact us to discuss suitability
We accept referrals from the following agencies in Manchester, Salford, Stockport or Wigan:
- Early Help
- Social Care
- Youth Offending Services
- Operation Encompass
You can also contact us to ask any questions you may have and discuss the programme in more detail.
If you want to learn more about our domestic abuse prevention services, click here.