Working with One Manchester housing association customers who have experienced and/or witnessed domestic abuse.
Through the Manchester City Council Covid-19 Impact Fund, TLC are Working in partnership with One Manchester housing association, to provide up to 10 free 1:1 sessions of domestic abuse-focused counselling and therapy for victims of domestic abuse and their children.
This service is for One Manchester customers with previous, current, or potential involvement in situations of domestic abuse, exacerbated or worsened by Covid-19.
The counselling will enable them to safely explore these issues, develop resilience and move on.
The sessions are delivered by a qualified counsellor, online via telephone or video and can support tenants with issues they may be going through.
What can counselling help with?
Counselling gives people time to speak to someone who will listen, offer support and will not judge them.It may be able to help with some of the following:
- Coming to terms with a relationship breakdown or bereavement
- Unhappiness, worries or stress in work or at home
- Supporting people to feel happier with who they are
- Improving relationships by working out better ways to communicate
- Dealing with changes in people’s lives, like having children or living with a long-term illness
- Supporting couples who are experiencing difficulties in their relationship or are thinking of splitting up
How does it work?
Staff can refer their service users for counselling with us here.
You can read more about the referral guidelines and eligibility by downloading them here.
Interested in learning more?