We want to encourage young people to have healthy relationships.
This programme supports young people who are displaying unhealthy behaviours towards their parents and/or carers.
How we help:
We have over 10 years experience delivering programmes, projects and services that aim to reduce domestic abuse. In collaboration with Respect we provide this service to help young people who are started to struggle with their behaviour in their own relationships.
Young people who are engaging in harmful behaviour with parents, carers or other members of their family need careful and considered intervention and support to address this as soon as possible. The service we offer allows them to work with a caring and non-judgemental professional who can help them become aware of their behaviours and begin to form positive relationships with others.
Please note: Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the programme is currently running online.
Young people who access this service will:
- Have a safe and confidential space to talk openly about what they’re going through
- Not be judged, but be supported with their experiences and concerns
- Identify harmful or unhealthy relationship behaviours and question these
- Explore and discuss healthy relationships and behaviour
- Be supported to develop safe and positive relationships in their lives
We aim for young people who work with us to have:
- Improved insight into their own behaviour
- Improved relationships with members of their family
- Increased emotional wellbeing
- Improved ability to cope with feelings of anxiety, anger or depression
- Reduced problematic behaviours
- Increased educational attendance and attainment
We would welcome supporting young people who are:
- Displaying unhealthy behaviours in their relationships with their parents and/or carers
- Aged 14-19 years old: If you would like to refer someone aged 11-13 or aged 19-21, please contact us to discuss suitability
We accept referrals from the following agencies in Manchester, Salford, Stockport or Wigan:
- Early Help
- Social Care
- Youth Offending Services
- Operation Encompass
You can also contact us to ask any questions you may have and discuss the programme in more detail.
If you want to learn more about our domestic abuse prevention services, click here.