Find compliments | complaints and anonymous feedback form here
TLC: Talk, Listen, Change, is committed to safeguarding children and young people and vulnerable adults through the delivery of our services. Our Safeguarding policy/procedure’s applies to all members of the organisation: Chair of Trustees, Trustees, paid staff, students, and volunteers.
All staff working with children/vulnerable adults must take every reasonable precaution to protect from potential and/or actual abuse and promote well-being. It is necessary that all staff can recognise the signs of abuse and act appropriately, following agreed procedures.
Our TLC Safeguarding principles are listed below:
- The welfare of the child/vulnerable adult is paramount;
- All children/adults without exception, regardless of age, gender, sexuality, disability, faith or ethnic origin have a right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect and exploitation. All adults have the right to independence which may involve a degree of risk.
- Safeguarding is the responsibility of all TLC staff and all suspicions/allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- Staff must never hold concerns about a child/vulnerable adults’ safety within the organisation and are obliged to consult and report any concerns about safety/abuse to the relevant authorities.
- TLC recognise that we do not have a statutory duty to undertake an assessment of risk to children/vulnerable adults or investigate allegations, this is conducted by the Police, Children or Adult Social Care who do have the statutory powers; the police have additional powers when children/vulnerable adults are in need of immediate/ emergency protection.