A space for you to talk in confidence, understand yourself better and find ways to move forward.
Being honest about your feelings and concerns with those you trust can be healthy.
Adding the support of a skilled professional can increase understanding and help you find a way through.
Counselling is a popular talking therapy.
A counsellor will not judge but will take the time to get to know you, listen to your feelings and experiences and help you find ways to work through them.
This can mean your relationship with yourself, such as issues surrounding identity, anxiety and depression. But it can also mean supporting you through a breakup, with family issues or struggling with any of your relationships.
People come to counselling for many reasons. Some include:
- Mental health such as depression, anxiety or stress
- Issues within relationships (partners, family, friends, colleagues)
- Feelings of isolation and loneliness
- Adapting to life changes such as moving home, jobs or changing relationships
- Health and wellbeing challenges including fertility issues, menopause or living with a chronic health condition
- Trauma such as domestic abuse, grief and loss and shame
- Issues around identity such as coming out, acceptance of sexuality and confidence
- Facing discrimination based on sex, gender, race, religion or sexuality
Thank you for being so kind and encouraging. This has been the most productive counselling I’ve ever had.
What kind of counselling do we offer?
Most of our counsellors are Integrative Therapists. This means that they draw from many different approaches including; systemic, psychodynamic, person-centred and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), seeing each person as an individual and shaping their approach accordingly. You are welcome to discuss our approaches and what might work best for you at your assessment appointment.
Your counsellor will use their expertise to tailor their approach specifically to you and your experiences. There will be plenty of opportunities to discuss how well you both feel the sessions are working, and to reshape or alter things where necessary. We want you to get the most you can from your counselling.
Learn more about Integrative Therapy
A-Z of Therapy
Making counselling work for you
We do our best to value and respect each of our clients as an individual.
At the beginning of the work, the counsellor will discuss with you any specific needs or preferences you have, and will work with you to develop solutions.
Our team are committed to taking the time to get to know you and understanding the way your experience has shaped who you are and what would suit you best in terms of accessing our service.