What can you expect from us, and how can you make the most of your sessions?
The term ‘family’ can mean different things to different people, and family takes many forms.
Family can be wonderful and colourful – but it can also be complex.
It is completely normal for issues to come up.
Where there are disagreements, although difficult, it can help to talk things through.
How can family counselling help?
Family counselling gives you and members of your family a safe and confidential place to talk through what’s going on, with a trained counsellor who will not judge you.
Our goal is to make sure everyone involved feels they have a voice and can see other points of view. Your counsellor will then support you to resolve conflict and move forward together.
People come to family counselling for various reasons, including:
- Resolving arguments between parents or siblings
- Working through grief and loss
- Following an affair
- Improving open communication between family members
- Life changes such as separations, new births, children moving out or financial difficulties
- Issues around belonging and identity such as adoption, fostering and navigating the social care system
- Issues around discrimination for example; sex, gender, sexuality, race or religion