Support for the partners of programme participants
Relationships are complicated and have their ups and downs, but they should never be harmful – physically, or emotionally.
If you are worried about your treatment of current or previous partners, we can help.
We run a programme specifically for women who are concerned about their behaviour in relationships.
If you join this programme, you will be supported to reflect and understand the root causes of any ‘unhealthy’ behaviours. You will begin to address any issues and learn how to change things.
The term “unhealthy behaviours” can mean different things for different people. More often than not, unhealthy behaviours include some or all of the following:
- Extreme feelings of jealousy and taking this out on your partner
- Struggling to manage your emotions, or your anger
- Being controlling towards your partner, emotionally, financially or physically
- Criticising your partner and putting them down, for example for things they do, say or wear
- Behaviours like screaming, shouting, hitting, punching walls or throwing objects
- Intimidating your partner, making them worried, scared or fearful for how you’ll behave or react