Part of our whole-family approach to supporting those impacted by domestic abuse
Relationships are complicated and have their ups and downs, but they should never be harmful – physically, or emotionally.
If you are worried about your treatment of current or previous partners, we can help.
We run a programme called ‘Bridging to Change’, specifically for men who are concerned about their behaviour in relationships.
If you take part in this programme, you will be supported to reflect and understand the root causes of any ‘unhealthy’ behaviours. Our team will provide a mixture of support and challenge to help you address any issues and learn how to change things.
Sessions take place on a one-to-one basis and in groups.
The term “unhealthy behaviours” can mean different things for different people. More often than not, unhealthy behaviours include some or all of the following:
- Extreme feelings of jealousy and taking this out on your partner
- Struggling to manage your emotions, or your anger
- Being controlling towards your partner, emotionally, financially or physically
- Criticising your partner and putting them down, for example for things they do, say or wear
- Behaviours like screaming, shouting, hitting, punching walls or throwing objects
- Intimidating your partner, making them worried, scared or fearful for how you’ll behave or react