We’re delighted to announce that in August we secured the Living Wage accreditation through The Living Wage Foundation.
The real living wage is calculated on the real cost of living. Organisations, rather than paying the minimum wage, can choose to pay the real living wage (as a minimum) to their employees.
We’ve proudly joined over 7,000 UK employers who believe in investing in their team, providing good working conditions and supporting the Living Wage’s wider mission to ensure people are paid fairly for the work they do.
This comes in a post-lockdown UK, where we are not only continuing to deliver our existing services, but have expanded what we offer to meet demand. This means more recruitment, bigger teams and even bigger goals! We’re now fortunate enough to have the resources as a charity to pay the real living wage and ensure staff feel valued, especially as we grow.
It also aligns with our recent work internally, which includes;
- Firming up our staffing structures
- Beginning values-based recruitment
- Launching our Leadership Conference
- Increasing online training
- Re-evaluating internal communications
- Rolling out an employee wellbeing programme
- Expanding internal resources available to staff, for example; digital data and branding materials
- Getting the ball rolling on our Equality and Diversity goals
Our CEO Michelle Hill says:
“I’m so pleased that we have received Living Wage Accreditation. We are committed to being the very best employer we can and this is one more step on our journey to doing all we can for our staff team.”
If you were more interested in learning about our charity, click here.
Or, see what else we've been up to in the last year by checking out our Covid-19 Impact Report
And for more information...