We are currently looking for a Volunteer to support with our Early Help Programme.
Do you enjoy working with children and young people?
Do you want to support local communities in Trafford?
Do you want to gain experience in working with children, parents and families?
We're looking for an enthusiastic, warm and organised volunteer to support the Early Help sessions in Trafford. These sessions promote play and interaction between parents and young children aged 0-5 years old. They help increase children’s self-esteem and confidence, provide an opportunity for children to learn through exploring and prepares them for school.
What will I be doing?
- Build and maintain positive relationships with the parents and children who attend the sessions
- Planning activities for the sessions
- Supporting the sessions by helping with tasks such as: recording attendance and organising snacks
- Carry out room risk assessment checks before the children and parents arrive
How much time do I have to commit?
We ask our volunteers on this project to commit to at least 2 ½ hours per week, which allows the volunteer to build up a consistent relationship with the parents and their children.
You will also be asked to attend an informal interview if your application is shortlisted. This is mainly so that the Co-ordinator can make a successful match between the Volunteer and the Children’s activity session.
What support can you expect from us?
- You'll be treated fairly and with respect to ensure you feel free of discrimination and harassment
- Support within your role
- One to one supervision every 6-8 weeks (optional)
- Up to date training
- Up to date DBS checks
- Support on any personal issues raised as a result of volunteering
- Help and support if you want to transition into or return to employed work.
Interested in applying? Great!